Hi guys! Today I am taking a break from the court case to do The Liebster Award. Next week I shall post the last instalment of the court case. I already have a cool idea lined up for the week after that as well!
The Liebster award is a chain award that was created by bloggers and is a tradition to make new friends in the blogging community.
I was nominated by Katherine. So thanks! I’m really excited to do this…
Here are the rules:
– Link back to the person who nominated you
– Give 11 random facts about yourself
– Answer 11 questions from your nominator
– Nominate 11 bloggers
– Come up with 11 questions for them to answer
– Inform your nominees
So here are 11 facts about me:
- I’ve always secretly wanted to be in a musical but I can’t sing for toffee.
- If I could go back in time I’d visit the 80s.
- If I had three wishes I would get a scholarship to Melbourne University, become slim and marry Jack Gilinsky (only if he wants to).
- My favourite colour is orange because I feel bad that not many people like it.
- My favourite place in the world that I’ve visited is my Auntie’s old pink bathroom.
- The best smell ever (excluding Jack Gilinsky) is freshly baked bread.
- If I had a superpower it would be to read people’s minds.
- Interestingly, frogs are my favourite animal.
- I aspire to be a CEO of an international company.
- There is a playlist on my ipod to suit every mood.
- My favourite song that isn’t by Jack and Jack is For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder.
My questions from Katherine:
- What book character is most like you and why?
This question had me stumped for ages. There are many characters that have similar characteristics to me that Katherine would probably imagine me as eg. Bridget Jones, America Singer or other feisty people. Even though I’m not a guy (woah get out) I was struggling to choose between Jace from The Mortal Instruments and Brian from I’ll Give You the Sun. I actually think that everything about Brian is exactly the same as me apart from he’s a boy and he’s gay. Brian is a bit nerdy and different, yet he can still hang around with the ‘cool kids’ and I’m not saying I’m popular, but I definitely don’t hang around with dodgy people. He stands up for himself, like I always do. Also, he gets deeply hurt by other people but manages to always get over it and turn it into a positive thing that makes a difference.
- What drink/snack do you like to consume when reading?
Interesting question Katherine. Well I tend to not consume anything whilst reading because it is extremely difficult and there is a chance you will spill something on the book. However, around my reading time I will tend to have tea and biscuits. Sometimes I might be adventurous enough to have crackers or cheddars.
- Why did you choose to start blogging?
Ooh, I don’t think we’ve ever actually discussed this before have we Katherine? When Katherine started her blog and asked for a guest blogger I wasn’t going to be left out was I, no no no. It actually seemed like a really good idea, especially as I love writing so I thought it would be a good experience to do something like this, as it might be useful in the future. As well as this being a fun experience, I thought it would look good on my CV or university applications in the future.
- What’s the longest book you’ve read?
I see Katherine enjoyed coming up with these questions. The longest book I’ve ever read is Les Misérables by Victor Hugo, which I have only finished reading recently. It was so tough to read it; I’m still in shock that I finished it. Reading it was such a gruelling process because it isn’t a light fluffy story at all, it is incredibly deep and thought provoking.
- If you could only ever re-read a single book, what would it be? (You can read new books though)
I would re-read The Kissing Booth by Beth Reekles. The Kissing Booth is in my top three books and obviously I want to re-read one of my favourite books. I didn’t want to re-read Soulmates (another top 3 book) because the ending makes me cry and it is such a magical book- I don’t want to ruin it by re-reading it. It is also more intense than The Kissing Booth, which is a happy, chill story. I’ll Give You the Sun (the other top 3 book) is just too beautiful for me to continuously re-read it, especially with all the drama in it. I’m perfectly happy to re-read The Kissing Booth forever (I know it’s already in my two most read books).
- What is the most popular book that you own but haven’t read?
Ooh, I’m not sure about this one. There are so many books in my room that I need to read and I’m slowly working my way through them. Maybe Paper Towns by John Green, although I will read it before the movie comes out. Or any other John Green books, I guess.
- Who is your favourite author that you’ve met?
Chris Higgins. I was fortunate enough to escort her to the Queen of Teen awards, where I met lots of other famous authors. I was actually supposed to escort another author but my Mum didn’t reply in time so I couldn’t take her. This actually turned out really well, because that author was not very nice at all when I met her but Chris was so lovely to me and it was a pleasure to meet her. I think probably every author I’ve ever met apart from said individual have always been extremely friendly!
- Have you written anything?
Of course I’ve written many stories and poems before as any aspiring author has! At the moment I’m writing my first Wattpad story, which is probably my first proper story as it is more than a thousand odd words. I am also putting together a poetry journal at the moment for a school project, which I’m really excited about.
- What is, in your opinion, a completely underrated book?
Oh I don’t know. I’m surprised that Matched and Soulmates haven’t been turned into movies yet because they are amazing books. I think I’ll go for the Ask Amy Green books by Sarah Webb. I never really hear people talking about these books or people pass them off as a nice chick flick, but I think they are actually really good books that tell a story. They’re brilliant and Sarah Webb is such a nice author.
- What is your favourite dramatic scene from a book?
I have to go for the scene in Insurgent when it turns out Tris isn’t dead and she escapes with Four. I was just so happy she wasn’t dead I was like GO TRIS! It was awesome in the movie when they managed to broadcast the message from the box as well.
- Book or Movie? What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
Movie, because I can just watch the movie and decide if I want to read the book of it. Even if I’ve already read the book, I love the movie because there may be people like Theo James in the movie and it’s so exciting to see it come to life on the screen. My favourite adaptation is The Fault in Our Stars because when I saw the movie I thought it was the realest thing I had ever seen and it is now my favourite movie (although I do love The Holiday).
Bloggers I Nominate:
Seeing as I only guest write on this blog I don’t really know any bloggers. I have my own blog but I don’t want to include that. So I guess I am going to just nominate whoever reads this because I’m cool like that. You could still do it even if you don’t have a blog, you could do it on Goodreads or even in a word document. Leave the link to it in the comments because I’d love to read it!
- What character would you like to be your boy/girl friend?
- Do you read any classics, and if so what is your favourite classic book?
- What poem got you into poetry? If you don’t have one, what is your opinion on Because by James Franco? (Search it up.)
- Are there any books that you desperately want to be made into movies?
- What is the shortest book you’ve ever read?
- If you could only take three things to a desert island, would you bring a book with you? Why/why not?
- Do you have any friends that deserve to have a book written about? What would it be about? (If all your friends are really boring then, what story would you write about yourself?)
- Assign a book to each colour of the rainbow and give reasons (just red, orange, yellow… not azure, turquoise, crimson)
- Do you remember the first proper book you ever read? If you can’t remember, what was your favourite childhood book?
- Which fruit would you put on the cover of the other three Twilight books e.g. New Moon- banana, Eclipse- pineapple, Breaking Dawn- Mango and why?
- Is there a certain genre that you will never read?
Okay guys, so that’s it and I want to thank Katherine and say good luck to my nominees…