Today, my and my friend, Ceri are going to be showing how far you can go by judging a book by it’s cover…
We’ve come up with some advice on when you can judge a book by it’s cover:
- The Background: Try to avoid backgrounds which are similar to other books nearby: They may be similar stories or have the same plots which bores us.
- The Font: Avoid books where the font is illegible or looks peculiar.
- The Picture/ Foreground: We tend to avoid pictures that put us off the book or ones that have weird pictures/cartoons.
- Brighter is Better: For us at least, we love bright books that catch our eyes (apart from vampire/supernatural books which are darker). These tend to stand out more in the shop.
- Missing Info: When a book is missing an author name, we hate it. We want to give credit to the author and when their name’s not on it, we can’t find their other books.
- Catchphrase/Quote: This is what we love!! Anything with a signature catchphrase or quote on the cover, helps us understand the genre, plot and characters of the story.
We aren’t saying that any book won’t be good, even with a rubbish cover. We read almost anything and hardly ever judge on a cover. Just because we don’t like it, doesn’t mean that you won’t. Give it a try! You never know, it could turn out to be your favourite book!